CD Digipak | WG002
01. Nathan Fake - You Are Here (Four Tet Remix) - Border Community
02. Ellen Allien - Alles Sehen (Miss Kittin Remix) - Bpitch Control
03. Maus & Stolle - Taxi - Klang Elektronik
04. Zander VT - Get Down - Bpitch Control
05. Minilogue & KAB - That's A Nice Way To Give Me Feedback (Wighnomy Brothers Quintenzirkel Remikks) - Audiobahn
06. Dave Aju - Crazy Place - Circus Company
07. Sten - More Stash - Dial
08. Modal - Boy - Girl Boy Girl - Sounds
09. The Mole - Smiling And Running - Wagon Repair
10. Sascha Funke - Mango (Tobias Thomas & Superpitcher Como Mango Remix) - Bpitch Control
11. DJ Koze - I Want To Sleep - IRR
12. Closer Musik - Giganten - Kompakt
13. Patrice Scott - Visions Of Mantada - Aesthetic Audio
14. Milch - Housefrau (Acid Jesus ́ Purer Sex Remix) - Ladomat 2000
Sascha Funke is an honest-to-goodness Berliner and he played a significant role in molding and forming the techno scene in this city. Sasche Funke has been active in the scene since the mid-90’s, having taught himself his trade from scratch. Now, after various stops along the way (including some here), he has found his home and a residency at Watergate. After releasing his long-awaited second album “Mango” on his own label Bpitch Records early in 2008, his DJ Mix for the Watergate Club in Berlin is now his second achievement for 2008.
Sascha delivers a mix that is second to none in its musical diversity. At the same time, his personality shines throughout the entire project and reflects his self-perception as a DJ. In addition to current tracks and remixes from Sascha’s album, the Mix is interlaced with carefully chosen jewels and rarities from years past. For this reason, it is an extremely authentic piece of Sascha Funke.
The Mix was recorded at the Watergate Club on a warm August night using records of various ages. Any and all cracklings and sounds from the needle touching down come from the use of vinyl records, are deliberate and desired, and are an integral part of the sound of an authentic DJ-Mix.