Vinyl & merch available here: shop.water-gate.de
1. Jimi Jules - Gare de Lion (exclusive)
2. Porn Sword Tobacco - B1
3. Keope - Caldo (Live At The Attic)
4. Jimi Jules & Domenico Ferrari - Parkuhr (exclusive)
5. Frankey & Sandrino - Ways Of The Sun ft. Ia Oeberg (Jimi Jules Remix)
6. Jimi Jules - Abandoned Soul (exclusive)
7. Life on Planets - An Altered Story (Lil Tony Remix) (exclusive)
8. Quarion - Bristol Grid (Jimi Jules Update) (exclusive)
9. Aphex Twin - IZ-US
10. Upercent - Pulsacions (Jimi Jules Remix)
11. Azimute - We Are The Sound (Azimute 2017 Trippy Edit) / Quarion - The Greater Of Two Evils
12. ÂME - 119 BPM (Jimi Jules & Jesaya +4 BPM Update) (exclusive)
13. Jimi Jules - Equinox
14. Egopusher - Flake (Jimi Jules Remix) (exclusive)
15. Jimi Jules - Midnight Juggernaut (exclusive)
16. DJ Koze - First Snow
17. ED ED & Petja Virikko - Sundroina feat. Jinadu (Jimi Jules Remix) (exclusive)
18. Kalabrese - Feeding Me With Sun feat. Khan (Jimi Jules Remix) (exclusive)
19. Ripperton - Meteorhytme
20. Jimi Jules & Lee Jones - Lines feat. Fink (Jules’ Interstellar Interpretation) (exclusive)
It’s time again to add another sonic journey to the Watergate Mix series catalogue and for this endeavour we have enlisted one of the scene’s brightest shining stars and club mainstay; Jimi Jules. By now it’s safe to say that Jimi has solidified himself as one of today’s most exciting producers, as displayed in his discography gracing illustrious labels like Innervisions and Cocoon and breathe taking remixes of WhoMadeWho and Henrik Schwarz. Not one to be confined to a single facet, Jules’ prowess as a bonafide selector is equally comparable to his skills as a producer and both are on full display here as the mix is made up twenty-one tracks, thirteen of them being Jules’ own whether they be originals, remixes, or special edits made especially for this compilation.
Over the span of 90 minutes, Jules expertly exhibits not only his musical range and production skills but his ability to create incredibly complex blends that disguise any hint of where one mix ends and another begins. The mix begins with Jimi Jules exclusive ‘Gare De Lion’ which sets the tone for a warm and lush ride before breaking into subtle but groove heavy tracks from Porn Sword Tobacco and Keope. Without notice the pace picks up with another couple exclusives from the man himself. His collaboration with Domenico Ferrari ‘Parkuhr’ and his own ‘Abandoned Soul’ bookend Jimi’s remix of Frankey & Sandrino’s 'Way Of The Sun’ where the mix gains a playful momentum before taking a bit more serious tone. Another two exclusives, Lil’ Tony’s remix of Life on Planets’ and Jules’ own remix of Quarion introduce the classic ‘IZ-US’ from Aphex Twin providing a gorgeous wash to set the stage for more energetic moments as heard on Jules’ remix of Upercent’s ‘Pulsacions’.
As the second half of the mix emerges, more exclusive material quickens the stride and an ethereal quality comes forefront. Azimute’s ‘We Are The Sound’ (Azimute 2017 Trippy Edit) and Quarion’s ‘The Greater Of Two Evils’ are layered together creating a uniquely trippy tune which expertly lays the path for Jules & Jesaya’s +4BPM Update of Âme’s unforgettable ‘119 BPM’. Digging back into his own catalog, Jimi pulls out his highly successful ‘Equinox’ track from his previous album on Zukunft Records and keeps the groove and vibe steamy with his exclusive remix of Egopusher’s ‘Flake’ and his own ‘Midnight Juggernaut’ before diving into the beautifully deep ‘First Snow’ from the master DJ Koze. Sliding into the closure of the mix, Jules plunges into the deep with his exclusive remix of Kalabrese's ‘Feeding Me’ feat. Khan and Rippertons’ stunning ‘Meteorhytme’ before finally ending with his absolutely stunning Interstellar Version of his and Lee Jones original ‘Lines feat. Fink’ where you are finally laid down in warm cloud of lavish atmospherics.
This seems to be Jimi Jules’ most timeless, mature, and finely tuned mix to date and it’s a true testament to his artistic vision and aptitude. Although the mix could be enough for any fan we are making it even sweeter and will be releasing most of the unreleased and exclusive material on two 12” EP’s starting with ‘Abandoned Soul’ and ‘Midnight Juggernaut’ featuring a remix from Recondite on EP #1 and the Jules & Jesaya +4BPM edit of Âme’s 119 BPM and more on EP #2 later this year. We know you will enjoy Jimi at the controls, so turn it up and take the ride.